Monday, August 28, 2006

Army Half Marathon

The alarm clock rang at 3.15am. I managed to pull myself out of bed and brushed my teeth. Thank to my bb who have woke up so early to make me a cup of hot milo. After which, I left home and proceed to city hall. I have jio my friends to parked our vehicles at some public car park at bugis cos the town car park are expected to be congested. I am the earliest. The rest of them reach about 20 min later.

We have a short walk to the start point at the Padang. The traffic was so terrible. It was like Saturday night where people go shopping. The start point is flooded with human. Our 21km non competitive run start at 5.30am. I kicked off pretty fine. After some undulating slope and bends (about 10km), I can feel abit of strain on my leg. I am looking forward to every water point. The water and isotonic drink is the only thing that keep me going. After about 18km, I was on fatigue. My pace started to slow down and I could feel the stress on my ankle. However, I told myself I must complete the run. I keep on pushing myself to the end point. The last 500m seem never ending.

I completed the run in about 2h 30 min. This is the furthest distance I even run. Maybe I should try a Marathon. Haha.


Blog Design By: BlogSpot Templates